Tuesday, May 12, 2009

18 months old...

May 6, 2009 I officially turned one AND a half!! I had my 18 month wellness check with the doctor or otherwise known as the day mommy-was-mean-to-me-day because she made me sit still so the doctor could check me out AND she let the nurse give me a shot. Yeah, not fun.
Other then the doctor visit (which really wasn't too bad because I actually got along with the doctor this time), I had a really fun-filled day! I woke up, momma and I had our crack, I mean I had milk and she had coffee. We ate breakfast and then played outside for a bit. Momma decided to try to wear me out before my doc appt. so she took me to Lions Park Beach to play. I met a little guy around my age (I say little because he was! I was like a sumo wrestler compared to him!) and we went down the slides. Then it was time for lunch so momma thought she'd feed me and then make me nap for an hour before my appt. Well, I was NOT tired so I just played for an hour in my crib, talked to my monkey friend, read my book and watched my fishies. I think momma tried to rest for a bit...which was good for her because of what I had in store for the rest of the day!

After my doc appt we did some errands, had a snack and played outside until dinner time. Ugh, here's me at dinner-

I was so tired from the day that I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Of course it was only 5:30 and momma wouldn't let me go to sleep so early so as soon as she asked if I wanted to take a bath, I popped awake and ran to the bathroom. Are you kidding, bath time is my favorite part of the day! (Well, anytime I get to play in water is my favorite part of the day!)

My bath recharged me and I was ready to go until 8:30 when I finally crashed for the night. I think I better stick to taking my naps for a little while longer because momma got a little cranky with me. Of course I don't know why because I was an angel all day...bwah, ha ha ha!! :)

-------------------------------------

Oh, so that brings me to today. The doctor said I should have at least a 10-18 word vocabulary and since I don't she's sending me to have a full hearing evaluation at 3:30. I can hear...I'll show them! I'm saving up my words to break out in full sentences... he, he, he!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ami, you know how important your naps are especially when you play and run so much - what a tired little boy you were at supper time. Did you get to eat after your bath when you woke up again? Love the picture of you in your green shirt - what a little flirt you are and those eyes!
I do agree, you will start talking soon, your just taking your time, but you understand and know everything we say!!

Love you,

Anonymous said...

OKAY AMI,
IT IS TIME TO TELL MOMMIE TO POST NEW PICTURES OF YOU AS YOU ARE GETTING OLDER AND NEED TO SHOW YOUR AUNTS, UNCLES,COUSIN'S AND FRIENDS HOW YOU LOOK TODAY!!
WE LOVE YOU,
GGH